Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 In Music: Notable Mentions - Part 2

Camera Obscura – Let’s Get Out of This Country

I’ll tell you a secret…Any time I’m angry or ticked off, I can just listen to some Camera Obscura and feel better. I’ve come to the conclusion that this Scottish twee-pop must contain natural mellowing agents or something…In any event, I haven’t yet decided if Let’s Get Out of This Country is better than Underachievers Let’s Try Harder, but that’s because the latter is a favorite of mine, not because of any fault in the album.

Amy Millan – Honey From the Tombs

Amy Milan = Electro Pop, right?

Apparently not. Honey From the Tombs is a folk album…Not only that, but this is a good folk album. Touché, Ms. Milan.

I’ve got to say though, the album cover sucks. On first glance, Amy looks like she’s dressed up like a Gestapo agent’s mistress. It gives you the impression this album is full of goth screaming or something.

No comments: