Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 In Music

The year 2006 rapidly recedes behind us, which means that it's time for anyone who considers themselves even slightly interesting in music to post their "List" of the best music of the year.

I'm not comfortable with lists though.  How is one to judge that any one of five incredible albums are better than each other?  What makes this one #4 and that one #5?  I don't know, and frankly, I don't care.  Simply put, 2006 was an astonishingly good year for music. 

So, the way I'm going to handle this is that first, I'm going to post a series of honorable mentions...Albums that were in fact very good but didn't totally knock me off my feet.  Then, I'll be posting my five favorite albums, in no particular order.

I was planning to post these mini-reviews slowly, over a period of days, but I'm sick of twiddling with them, so instead, I'll post them as separate posts but they'll get posted all at the same time.

No comments: